Monday, June 8, 2009

The Beauty of the Moment...


I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not, but I think I've been blessed with the ability to live in the moment - the problem is that the consequences in an hour or two aren't always kind to this type of rationale...

However, in tribute to living in the moment, I'm going to recap a few of my 'mucho appreciado' (no I wasn't a Spanish Major in college) living the moment, moments... and the insight that they've offered me.


1) The first time I discovered the beauty of 2 beers on an empty stomach.

2) Realizing that I do actually like sunsets and long walks on the beach.... (errr... can I take this one back?)

3) Learning to paint again at age 29 and liking it WAY better than video games (or at least until Guitar Hero 2 came out)

4) Discovering the Karaoke bars that will let you rent your own room and allow you to publicly embarrass yourself in private company.

5) The night I rejoiced at the understanding that women judge men by more than just our appearance...

6) The first morning that I realized that there are few things more underrated than putting on new socks and good smelling hand soap.

7) The understanding that everything has it's place... For example, Country music is about Sunday - Friday, and Hip Hop is all about Saturday night! Both fill different needs and aren't mutually exclusive.

So those are just a few snapshots of my 'Moments of Clarity' into how life REALLY works, and how living in the moment has made me a better man while only getting me into a little trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment