Sunday, June 14, 2009

Friends in Town...

This weekend was a chance to feel a little like I was back in California, but with an extra helping of Texas hospitality. Some good friends were in town teaching a swing dance workshop (which I didn't end up attending due to holding 3 jobs currently) and because of them the dancing was good enough that even some of my shenannagans went unnoticed.

It's funny because I know Jordan and Tatiana as friends, but they were clearly only one step down from Heaven to many people here in Houston. I must have heard, "Oh my God, I want to go say hi to Jordan, but I don't dare..." more times that I heard someone say "Y'all" (and that's a LOT). And for those that I did introduce to Jordan or Tat, picture taking then swooning were the next steps in their progression of worship.

Needless to say, they are both worthy of this kind of praise because in addition to being the best west coast swing dancers in the world (in my biased yet unfalteringly accurate opinion), they are two of the best people I've ever met. Rather than being fake and ungracious, they are actually completely thankful that they get to live the life of their dreams... Now who can fault that?

Ok - Enough (completely warranted) praise... Here's a video that I thought was worth posting of their performance on Friday night at the Melody Club here in Houston. For those who don't know, this isn't a routine, it's just them dancing spur of the moment to a great version of a classic american anthem - Enjoy!




PS- If you're interested in learning how to do this kind of Swing Dancing you can find out more about where to take classes in Houston or in Southern California by clicking the links. (Or comment below if you're in other areas, and I'll hook you up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment